Greetings,

I am seeing the following in our mail logs:

lost connection with localhost[127.0.0.1] while sending end of data -- message
may be sent more than once

Looks like Amavisd is closing the connection on Postfix, but I don't know why.
I have verified our settings in all of AMAVISD.CONF, MAIN.CF & MASTER.CF -
everything looks good...

We've got 2 boxes (identical configuration) running with
Postfix(2.2.8)/Amavisd(2.3.3)/SpamAssassin(3.1.0)...one is less powerful than
the other and it experiences this issue much more...it also has many (2000+)
temp directories under /var/amavis/tmp that have been 'left behind' over the
last 4 or 5 weeks...

The more powerful box isn't exhibiting these signs however (only a couple of
directories in /var/amavis/tmp) as well as a couple of the error messages
listed above...

Logic dictates that there may be a resource issue on the less powerful box, but
reviewing the mail & OS logs/stats show that it is passing traffic in a
reasonable fashion (i.e. nothing is really queuing up and proc/mem stats look
good)...

1) Has anyone seen this before?
2) What should I start looking at to determine the root cause?
3) What config settings should I modify to see what the impact/change is?

Any help is always greatly appreciated...

Thanx!!

Dustin.