Gorn wrote:

> Try looking for amavis crash errors in the kernel log. Temp directories
> normally get removed by amavis, except when it crashes. That could be
> due to resource problems. If that is the case raising the log level for
> amavis does not help much.

> Gorn

This seems to fit. I would be inclined to compare the
version numbers of all the external modules amavisd-new uses with the
other system. For example, there were a couple of instances in the
archives where Digest::MD5 was a problem on a couple Solaris machines.
The logs indicated amavisd-new just stopped working, no error messages.
Stay away from Net::Server 0.91 and 0.92. Also make sure $max_servers
and maxproc match:

"It is imperative that both the Postfix and the amavisd-new use the same value.
Actually the amavisd setting may be higher that the Postfix, but this serves
no useful purpose and just wastes resources. The amavisd.conf parameter is
the $max_servers, the Postfix parameter is the maxproc field in the
'smtp-amavis' entry (file master.cf)."