On Tue, 16 May 2006, Mark Martinec wrote:

I have amavis locking up and reporting an error

TROUBLE in child_init_hook: BDB no dbS: Lock table is out of available
locker entries

Did you rule out all the common reasons listed in:

 http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-gen
 -> Some sites experience a logged Berkeley db library (libdb)
    failure: "Lock table is out of available locker entries".

I just went through that document. I do not see anything that describes my problem.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] / ]# db_stat -c -h /var/amavis/db
3776    Last allocated locker ID.
2147M   Current maximum unused locker ID.
5       Number of lock modes.
1000    Maximum number of locks possible.
1000    Maximum number of lockers possible.
1000    Maximum number of lock objects possible.
0       Number of current locks.
22      Maximum number of locks at any one time.
0       Number of current lockers.
40      Maximum number of lockers at any one time.
0       Number of current lock objects.
5       Maximum number of lock objects at any one time.
47298   Total number of locks requested.
37005   Total number of locks released.
0       Total number of lock requests failing because DB_LOCK_NOWAIT was set.
2       Total number of locks not immediately available due to conflicts.
0       Number of deadlocks.
0       Lock timeout value.
0       Number of locks that have timed out.
0       Transaction timeout value.
0       Number of transactions that have timed out.
648KB   The size of the lock region..
1       The number of region locks granted after waiting.
104977  The number of region locks granted without waiting.