[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am not familiar with the network tests.  Razor or URIBL.  Are they
> straightforward to setup?  What are they're puposes?

The network tests use publicly available services to help determine if
a message is spam.  The basic network tests come with a standard
SpamAssassin install as long as you don't disable them.

In your amavisd.conf, make sure you have this setting:

    $sa_local_tests_only = 0;

This will allow Amavis to take advantage of any network tests you have
enabled.

SURBL is used to detect spam based on the URLs that appear in the body
of the message.  SURBL is built into SA 3.x and is enabled by default.

URIBL is a list of domains that have been known to appear in spam.
Instructions for using it in SA can be found at
http://www.uribl.com/usage.shtml.  It is just a matter of dropping the
rules into your local.cf.

Razor2 compares a hash of each email against a database of reported
spam to determine if this message looks like a previously reported
spam.  You can get the software from http://razor.sourceforge.net.  It
is simple to install.  Once you install and configure it, enable it by
uncommenting the line from your v310.pre file in the SA config
directory.

In order to use any of these, make sure the Perl Net::DNS module is up
to date.

There are various arguments on the SA list from time to time about the
reliability of these services, but I've never had a problem with them
on my (admittedly low volume) server.

You should also consider adding the SARE_STOCKS ruleset from
http://rulesemporium.com/rules.htm.

--
Bowie