Anders,

> $warnvirussender  = 1;
> $warnbannedsender = 1;

Plese don't use these, they are historic settings,
and only still potentially useful with destiny D_PASS,
and only with $warnbadhsender.

Best to forget that $warn*sender ever existed.

To choose between sending non-delivery notification or not,
use D_BOUNCE vs. D_DISCARD.

> To the SENDING account, I get a notice from Amavis when sending the
> banned content, but from Postfix for the virus mail. (Eicar test)
>
> So, the virus sender doesn't get the text specified in my template, but
> a standard Postfix message.

Are you feeding mail to amavisd via LMTP?  There is a bug in 2.4.2
that leads to excessive backscatter. For now please use SMTP, not LMTP.
This will be fixed in 2.4.3.  (or apply a patch which was posted on a ML).