Baertl, Martin (M.Baertl) writes:
> Hi all,
>
> We will install a second mail gateway in the next weeks and i just wanted to
> know if it is possible to just run 1 mysql server and both
> amavis/spamassassin server connect to the same database and use the same
> data?

        Yes, no problem.

> Would be great if both server can access the same awl, bayes and log data so
> that both servers profit from each others learning process and we can still
> use penpals (it's really good!!).

        That's what we do, albeit with PostgreSQL.

> If that isn't possible, what would be the best way to set up 2 'parallel'
> mail gateways?

        Yes, and then setup replication of data from master to slave on MySQL,
        so that can failover from one server to the other, at least when looking
        up policy information in the DB.  All you need to do is setup multiple
        data sources in the amavisd.conf.

        Phil