Hi, we have been using amavisd-new for a while now and are pretty happy with it.  We're having a problem with some clients that are getting their mail blocked by SA/Amavis and we are trying to figure out how to handle it.  Our agents are constantly sending out quotes to clients or potential new clients that have requested quotes.  Because of the quantity of emails, the agents simply can't manually whitelist everyone they send to.  But many of the responses get caught as spam and we and the agents lose money because of it.  What we'd like to have is this:

If a message is sent via an SMTP AUTH connection, add all envelope recipients to the envelope sender's (or AUTH'ed user's) Amavis whitelist.  We're using MySQL to store the amavis settings, so it would be a simple insert into a database, after checking to see if it already exists.

I already know about the PENPALS feature, but that won't work for us for a couple of reasons.  The algorithm it uses to back off the score adjustment isn't right for us, we need a permanent addition to the wblist.  We also don't want the extra overhead of SQL logging.

Anyone know of a way to do this, either in amavisd-new or possibly with a postfix content filter?  Any suggestions?

Dan Horne

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

SPAM-FREE 1.0(2476)