Mark wrote:

> Running amavisd chrooted should not be a problem, SA loads
> its rules files at startup time before chroot takes place.
> It should not be necessary to provide a copy of rules files
> in chroot jail.

> This may not be a case with some additional custom SA plugins
> which come with their own .pm file. Amavisd-new-2.4.3 provides
> a way to pre-load such modules before chroot takes place by
> listing them in @additional_perl_modules.

>  Example:
>     @additional_perl_modules = qw(
>       /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.pm
>       /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/ImageInfo.pm
>       String::Approx Plugin::TextCat BayesStore::SDBM
>     );

> Mark

Thanks for the correction, and new feature reminder. As you can see,
I will immediately put it to good use on my system:

Oct 31 16:03:23 mail amavis[9634]: (09634-03) extra modules loaded:
 /etc/mail/spamassassin/WebRedirect.pm,
  /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/FuzzyOcr.pm,
   HTTP/Date.pm, HTTP/Headers.pm, HTTP/Message.pm,
    HTTP/Request.pm, HTTP/Response.pm, HTTP/Status.pm,
     LWP.pm, LWP/Debug.pm, LWP/MemberMixin.pm, LWP/Protocol.pm,
      LWP/UserAgent.pm, Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/ImageInfo.pm,
       String/Approx.pm, URI.pm