Henrik wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 09:37:08AM +0100, Mark Martinec wrote:
>> On Wednesday January 24 2007 06:36, Gary V wrote:
>> > [...], but at some point in the near future (when etch goes stable)
>> > we are all going to have to move to etch in order to keep our systems
>> > updated.
>>
>> ... or to some other OS or distribution that won't be giving you
>> such headaches ...  :)

Sorry, despite its quirks I would leave kicking and screaming if you
tried to drag me away from Debian (but I do have a lot of respect
for FreeBSD). :)

> Or just forget the silly "stable" mantra, and occasionally update to the
> latest and greatest. I've been doing that for years on many servers and
> never got any serious problems. You probably get many more problems like
> this with the stable way.

> On real servers, I prefer Solaris though. ;)

> Cheers,
> Henrik

Personally I run both but keep one mostly stable production system
simply so I can relate to and be of assistance to those who insist
on remaining stable (which at this particular point because of the
required Convert::UUlib version is not possible). In the end a
system that runs reliably is the only thing I really care about.