On 3/29/07, Christian Rost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> alex handle schrieb:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Does someone have experience with running amavisd-new as
> > before-queue-filter?
> > I want to reject spam at the smtp level, because it is far more
> transparent
> > for the sender.
> >
> > On top days we process 250 000 mails per day, running amavisd-new
> > with spamassassin, clamav and amavis unpackers disabled on a two-node
> > cluster.
> >
> > Are there any performance considerations?
> >
> > My system allready rejects 60 - 75 % with smtp_recipient_restrictions,
> > policyd-weight and DNSBLs.

So you get up to 250 000 mails per day for existing email-addresses, don't
> you?

60 - 75 % from the 250 000 mails are rejected at the smtp level.

Is greylisting an option for you, to further reduce spam?

Does it still help at all?

Maybe i try
http://marmarek.w.staszic.waw.pl/~marmarek/download/os-greylist.pl.
Greylisting based on the OS!
It runs with a db file, not necessarily fine for a nfs based cluster!