Prashant Dabre,

> I am currently using amavisd-new-2.3.1. While upgrading to version 2.4.3

Why would one want to 'upgrade' to a nine months old version?

> I have not changed my old amavisd conf file which I am using
> with amavisd-new-2.3.1 .

Ok.

> I started getting memory problem. I have also tried to increase
> the log level of amavis to 5 but not found any error in maillog.

> Are there any memory related issues reported for
> this version amavisd-new-2.4.3 (20060930) ?

Not that I would know.

> I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant). Following is
> the output of top command :

This doesn't tell much. The output of ps would be more informative.

>   PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
> 30679 amavis    16   0 86492  74m 4948 S  0.0  3.7   0:16.58 amavisd

Ok, and what was the VIRT/RES/SHR with previous version?
50-90 MB of virtual memory per process looks pretty much normal.
Have you kept the number of child processes the same?