Joshua wrote:

>> Have you verified that spamassassin is actually being called for the mail
>> in question?

> That's what I'm trying to do.  In reply to another e-mail, I have these lines
> in my config file:

> $X_HEADER_TAG = 'X-Virus-Scanned';
> $X_HEADER_LINE = "$myproduct_name $myversion_id ($myversion_date) at
> $mydomain";

> I have looked through the config file, and I haven't found anything that
> enables spamassassin, so I don't really know if it is being called.  I guess
> my question is not so much about headers as how do I tell Amavis to pass the
> message through Spamassassin, because so far I haven't found the config
> switch to do so.

Look for:
# @bypass_virus_checks_maps = (1);  # uncomment to DISABLE anti-virus code
# @bypass_spam_checks_maps  = (1);  # uncomment to DISABLE anti-spam code

If you want to use SA, make sure you do NOT bypass spam_checks. In
other words, @bypass_spam_checks* should be commented out. The next
question would be - are you sending mail to amavisd-new at all? What
MTA are you using?