--On Tuesday, February 03, 2009 12:43 PM -0800 "Hugo Slabbert (i-worx)"
<hugo.slabb...@i-worx.ca> wrote:

> Hi Quanah,
>
> I don't have a solid answer for you, as I've not implemented this for
> amavisd-new, but maybe I can point you in the right direction. I modified
> some existing Perl scripts that were originally intended to poll AD for a
> list of accepted e-mail aliases to also get a list of accepted domains
> for Exchange. Exchange stores a lot of its config in AD, so this wasn't
> too tough.

Thanks, although the point I'm trying to get at here, is to avoid doing
things exactly like what you are doing.  I.e., Amavis understands and uses
LDAP.  Therefore, one should be able to configure it to use the data
already stored in LDAP, rather than to do things like write a script
that'll stop amavis, edit it to update the domain list, and then restart
it, every 15 minutes.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount