On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 11:50:46AM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Monday, February 02, 2009 9:40 AM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount
> <qua...@zimbra.com> wrote:
>
> > The question comes from our desire to not put X-SPAM headers on local
> > domains, usually listed in @local_domains_maps.  This becomes a problem,
> > however, in an environment where you're hosting thousands of domains, as
> > having to continually modify and update a static list of domains becomes
> > quite ugly.  What is desired is to instead have amavis populate what it
> > considers to be the members of @local_domain_maps from LDAP instead.  So,
> > is that possible? ;)
>
> Well, really all amavis needs to do is be able to query whether or not a
> given domain should be considered local, rather than having a stored list
> of domains.

Amavis already does exactly that with LDAP, the stored list is basically
unused. I guess its not clear in the docs, but README.ldap, particulary
section "Special handling of the optional LDAP attribute 'amavisLocal'".
In essence if the recipient address (or domain) is found, and 'amavisLocal'
is not set or is set to 'true' it is considered local, you explicity have
to set 'amavisLocal' to 'false' to override being considered local.

We use:

@local_domains_maps =
    ( read_hash('/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual_mailbox_domains') );

and amavis gets stopped/started at least once a day, which is good
enough for us as its not generally needed or used.

Unless the above behavior is not desireable or I'm misunderstanding
something I believe amavis already does the right thing and using LDAP
to populate a list/file doesn't achieve the final goal of who is local
or not.

--
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you, but
particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mike Hall
San Juan Island, WA

System Admin - Rock Island Technology Solutions     <mi...@rockisland.com>
System Admin - riverside.org, ssdd.org              <mh...@riverside.org>