To correct. Only for Bluetooth profiles like OPP/FTP, etc, OBEX
communication is based on RFCOMM channel.
Actually OBEX is an general protocol not necessarily bound to
Bluetooth, and can be used for any channel's object transmssion. For
example, one can use TCP/IP to do OBEX transfer as well. It is
reasonable to add such service within Android framework, so that
different user cases can share same functionality.