still no response ??
It is strange that this doesn't happen, if the module is not made use
of by the UI, i.e If I just access the device, say read/write from it.
It seems alright, however once the UI comes into play, there is a
problem, and the module reference count never decreases,

what could be the issue ?

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Pavan <pavan.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had 2 modules where in driver1 made use of a core module, and see
> that everytime, I access the application say turn on/off, the
> reference count of core module increases.
>
> The application is in such a way that, there is 1 daemon (which runs @
> boot, as a service in init.rc) does an insmod of core_drv.ko, and then
> there is an individual android settings.apk which does the insmod
> driver.ko when it needs to use it and then does an rmmod of driver.ko
> during off.
>
> The problem I am facing is when I want to kill the daemon and do an
> rmmod of core, the module reference count shows more than 1 even when
> driver.ko module doesn't exist !!!
> Note: This doesn't seem to happen on a non-android kernel...
>
> regards,

--Pavan Savoy