I've been trying to search for doing a similar operation to this..Glad
I found your topic :)

I want to simply run a user application at startup, my
userapplication(called EA) accesses  kernel modules using signals and
it also uses sockets

I used this link
http://androidenea.blogspot.com/2009/08/init-process-and-initrc.html

and I placed my exectuable file in the /system/bin folder and I wrote
in the initrc the following

service EA /system/bin/EA
user EA
oneshot

but my user application doesnt work correctly what it does is that it
opens the kernel modules writes to it and exits and it doesnt run the
rest of the threads

Any reason why that could be happening?...Any helo would be appreciated

@Tirtha your link doesnt work with me  :(
Thanks

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Tirtha Kanti Ghosh <gtir...@gmail.com>wrote:

> >Is there any way by which i can modify the init.rc to achieve the
> >same ?? any alternative suggestions will be largely helpful.
>
> so, here is the alternative approach where u need to write a JAVA app which
> will invoke ur native daemon.
>
> http://androidenea.blogspot.com/2009/09/starting-android-service-after-boot.htm
> (example shows how to invoke an app after android boot completed, but not
> how to invoke an native app through JNI)
>
> for this u need to write a after boot service in Java, and a JNI
> communication between your native app (i dont know Java/JNI well, so I
> prefer init.rc method).
>
> :)
>

>  --

tarek