Hi,

Peerke wrote:
Hello,

I want to get the libertas wifi module to work under android.

When I build the module into the kernel I get the following error:

libertas: can't load helper firmware
libertas: failed to load helper firmware
libertas_sdio: probe of mmc1:0001:1 failed with error -2
You have two option:

- compile the firmware inside the kernel image
- put in /etc/firmware

The system/core/init/devices.c collect the UEVENT and load the firmware
throw the process_firmware_event function. The firwaredir is hard
coded and it's under /etc/firmware. This is true for master and cupcake
I think

Best Regards
Michael Trimarchi
I have copied the sd8686.bin and sd8686_helper.bin to /lib/firmware.

When booting the kernel it hangs for 10-15 seconds and then gives the
error above.

Anyone knows where the kernel looks for these files?