Hi John,

Thanks for the information. Sorry the examples did not provide enough
reference. I am not very familiar with the sensor framework either.
>From a quick browse,
I found some files that may be useful to look at:

The JNI to hook up the Sensor Service to native C layer:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=blob;f=services/jni/com_android_server_SensorService.cpp;h=77db6da22a6e9557be12011c3faff86d1ae0064e;hb=master

The JNI file uses libhardware to load your driver library:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/hardware/libhardware.git;a=blob;f=include/hardware/sensors.h;h=610651fcdfc1480a93b29298b9e6d712145aa2aa;hb=master
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/hardware/libhardware.git;a=blob;f=hardware.c;h=3a23b1f6b71eb576c6f2f7161503e69e821b8083;hb=master

Hope this helps a little bit, and hopefully others can give you more
detailed information.

Regards,
Danke