Thanks Chris,

That is very insightful.

What do you think regarding this?
http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Google-Nexus-gets-endorsement-as-Android-forks-from-Linux/
How different I am going to do it with respect to Linux Kernel? as you
said I would need to patch the Linux Kernel.

Back to your reply, I will use U-Boot and yes, there is a Linux for it
http://www.nioswiki.com/Linux/Downloading_Linux_Distribution

Care to explain what do you mean by 'stock userspace', 'constructing
an android userspace' and 'ADB'?

I am using NEEK
http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-cyc3-embedded.html
and it seems its memory is only 32MB.