Iptables is just a front end to manipulate netfilter rules.

You can enable netfilter in the kernel

  │

             │
  │ Symbol: NETFILTER [=y]

             │
  │ Prompt: Network packet filtering framework (Netfilter)

             │
  │   Defined at net/Kconfig:69

             │
  │   Depends on: NET

             │
  │   Location:

             │
  │     -> Networking support (NET [=y])

             │
  │       -> Networking options

             │
  │

Android uses Android.mk files instead of Makefile, but the compilation
process itself is the same. In my environment the iptables binary is
built under /system/bin/iptables, check in you FS for this file.

[]'s

Hamilton Vera

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Antonio Conforti <cox1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How I Have to write my Makefile? In the folder of iptables source
> there is a file called Android.mk and other files.
> How can I compile my source? I need more detail
> Thanks
> Antonio Conforti
>
> On 19 Ott, 19:26, Brad Davis <bda...@cove-mtn.com> wrote:
>> If you have the Android kernel tree from "git" you can use the "make
>> menuconfig" command to set the kernel compile-time parameters
>> (including netfilter and iptables).  Android uses a slightly modified
>> Unix file tree structure where /system is prepended to the standard
>> Unix tree structure.  Most of the userspace C/C++ programs are in /
>> system/{bin,lib,xbin}.  (While there is /system/usr, there is not a
>> system/usr/{bin,sbin}).
>>
>> Your userspace executables should be built like the other userspace
>> executables (they can be dynamically linked against the libraries in
>> the build tree).
>>
>> Your executables should probably go in /system/bin, libraries in /
>> system/lib.  These directories are protected from writing by normal
>> Android applications.
>>
>> On Oct 18, 1:08 pm, cox85 <cox1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks Brad. I am doing the thesis on Android kernel.
>> > I have already created a Netfilter module for Linux Kernel, but in
>> > Android is a little more complex.
>> > I have downloaded iptables source from android kernel source, but how
>> > can i compile it?
>> > I have to create only a Makefile?And I have to compile with static
>> > mode?
>> > Where I have to put my userspace program iptables?

Hamilton Vera
int Administrator (char Network[],char ComputationalSystems[])
http://hvera.wordpress.com