Thanks for the reply!

The adb server was up and running before I run the emulator. I can use
it to "adb shell" to the emulator that uses the original goldfish
kernel.

But the problem is that, when I tried to start up the emulator with my
customized 2.6.32 kernel through:

emulator -avd Android2.2avd -kernel /path/to/zImage -verbose

the emulator hung up and the graph interface never shown up. Using
"adb devices" shown that the emulator was offline.

So I think there is some problem with my customized 2.6.32 kernel, and
it is incompatible with the emulator which originally runs the
goldfish 2.6.29 kernel.

Any suggestions on getting 2.6.32 kernel running on emulator?

Thanks!

Yudong