I am a newbie on Android and Android kernel (I did some kernel work
under Linux). I would like to ask a question as follows.

Android phone devices always provide a usb mass storage device via its
usb connection. Can I modify the kernel in such a way to
programatically enable and disable the usb mass storage device. For
example, for demo purpose, when I start the device, the usb mass
storage device is disabled. When I run an app and it can change the
setting, then my customized kernel detects the event and enable the
mass storage device. Any pointer is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Best Regards