Thanks, this reply is very helpful. But I saw
*****************
To clone the entire platform, install repo, and run:

    mkdir mydroid

    cd mydroid

    repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git

    repo sync
*****************

So I followed these steps, but I didn't see any kernel downloaded from
this. Does this mean the entire platform doesn't include the different
kernel repos?

The following is what I have after repo sync:
r...@mymachine:/android-repo# ls
bionic    build  dalvik       device    frameworks  libcore   ndk
packages  sdk
bootable  cts    development  external  hardware    Makefile  out
prebuilt  system

Wilson