I'm trying to configure an Android kernel to support connecting the
phone as a USB gadget using the CDC ACM protocol. I'm making progress
in understanding how to configure the kernel for this, but it seems
something new pops up every day. One thing I don't understand about
the Android Gadget configuration is the difference between
CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_ACM and CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_SERIAL. Can anyone
explain the difference? I see that ANDROID_ACM compiles f_acm.c and
u_serial.c, while ANDROID_SERIAL compiles serial.c and u_serial.c.
(All of these files are in drivers/usb/gadget.) But I don't understand
the difference. The comments in f_acm.c and serial.c both mention CDC-
ACM. Does anyone have any guidance on these two options?