For which permission?  There are a variety of different ways things
are handled.

For example, access to a hardware device is often protected by the
unix permissions of the device file and filesystems/mounts.

Network permission is done with a very short patch to add a check for
the hardcoded android network group id for internet-type sockets, but
not for unix domain ones.

And of course there are syscalls that only work for the superuser, as
on a normal linux kernel.