On Dec 20, 2:58 pm, Earlence <earlencefe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, with the recent introduction of the ability to record audio
> from native code, there should be a permission check for it
> (android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO)
> Is it a similar patch like the internet check.?

That would depend on how "native" audio recording is implemented,
something I'm not familiar with but you could find out from browsing
the appropriate source version.

If it were like a traditional linux with access to a sound driver in
the kernel, then it could be device file permissions or it could be
like the internet patch that would check for membership in a hard-
coded unix group id.

On the other hand, audio recording might be implemented as a native
wrapper around a platform service done via binder IPC, and the
permission might be checked in user mode code on the other end of the
binder IPC, perhaps even in java code there.