Can someone confirm for me that the ACM Serial function in the Android
Gadget driver should work? Or should not work? I'm trying to configure
the kernel to support the phone as a USB gadget CDC ACM serial device,
and can't seem to get it working. If someone has it working, I'm
interested in the code branch, the hardware you're using, and how you
tested. I'm working with an Evo right now. So it's difficult to run a
stock AOSP kernel. That could be part of the problem. I could probably
switch to another device if I was (relatively) sure I could get the
CDC ACM function working.

Right now, I can build the kernel w/o a problem, turning on the
Android Gadget ACM serial function. And it boots okay. I can see the /
dev/ttyMSM0 device. The problem I'm having is the host saying "no
configurations" or "error reading configurations". Which sounds like
it's something missing in the code.