>This driver
> basically exposes cool/new security features of the ARM processor that
> any apps can use.

you mean trust zone etc?
If so, can you please post some links to your work. this is something
interesting. (we are also security researchers).

> Loadable kernel modules:
yes, it is supported.you need root access to insmod.

To copy your own code to the system image: simple, just recompile the
sources with your code included!

Cheers,
Earlence