Mike,

802.1AE (MACsec) key management is specified in 802.1X-rev2 (2010).

Hesham

-----Original Message-----
From: Anima [mailto:anima-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Michael Richardson
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 12:32 PM
To: anima@ietf.org
Subject: [Anima] key management for MACsec

Reading 802.1AE-2006, I did not see any key management protocol for MACsec.  I
was thinking before that maybe we could write a MACsec key agreement mechanism
in IKEv2.

I am now informed of 802.1Xbx-2014:
  Amendment 1: MAC Security Key Agreement
  Protocol (MKA) Extensions

but, I see that it's really an amendment to 802.1X, which I am fetching now.

My thought was that if there *wasn't* a key agreement protocol for MACsec, that
one could use IKEv2, and could propose a) MACsec, b) IPv6-over-IPsec,
c) GRE-over-IPsec, and let the normal IKEv2 process select which is
supported.   But, if MACsec already has a key agreement protocol, that
would be superfluous.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>, Sandelman Software Works  -= IPv6
IoT consulting =-