Hi Bruce and Giovanni,

we used the same method for radio tracking of tarsiers. While
"triangulation" plugin is good for mass processing of the data, it was not
usable for our project - due to very difficult terrain and other
constraints we obtained a limited number of measurements, some of them
apparently wrong (e.g. reflection of the radio signal, weak singal, etc.).

To process such data I developed a plugin which let you plot the bearings
(lines) one by one and place the estimated location of the animal manually.
It is not actively maintained at the moment and not yet ported to qgis 2.0
but I plan to do it in the comming months.

If you find such plugin useful, see http://www.tarsiusproject.org/download/

Vaclav