Hello all,

I tested the new sextant/animove plugin in a Win8.1 (64-bit) running a 32-bit
OSGeo4w installed QGIS 2.0.1. I followed Victor's online directions
(here<https://github.com/geomatico/sextante_animove/blob/master/doc/installation_win.rst>)
 and can confirm that both Scipy 0.11 and Statsmodel 0.5 were installed
successfully.

I texted it using some of my data and can report he following:

a)      The plugin loads well and appears in Sextante with Kernel Density
Estimation and MCP options being visible.

b)      I tested MCP 95 and 50 (saving file only - did not try memory/temp file
options)  and it appears to work well, importing the shapefiles in QGIS TOC
directly.

c)       I tested the Href (Rule of Thumb) Kernel analysis and I got results
imported in the QGIS TOC. The shapefile created is saved in the path that I had
selected (and named according to my selection) but the raster file (while added
to the TOC) is saved in the following file path abd format
C:\Users\USER\.qgis2\python\plugins\sextante_animove\outputs\POINTFILENAME_UDPERCENTCHOSEN_1.0_YYYY_MM_DD

d)      The raster/contour shapefile match and seem to make sense, but I was
under the impression that the href algorithm, if indeed this is what the Rule
of Thumb option does, did not allow for multiple peaks in the UD. (see image
below; results normally come in B&W but I have used a 0 blue-white-red 100
color palette here). The values are meaningful.

[cid:image003.jpg@01CF2FE4.7BED1E20]

e)      The names of the countour shapefile and raster have a default "Kernel
Density Estimation" and "Raster output" regardless of which data you used to
run the analysis or the bandwith selected, making it quite difficult to figure
what layer is what. The bandwidth/settings used to develop each raster can not
be deduced even if one looks at the raster files properties in QGIS TOC.

f)       I tried running the analysis using the LSCV and CV bandwidth options.
In the first case (LSCV) the contour lines generated where identical to the
previous run (href - but again, I am not sure it actually use href bandwith)
and the raster had all values as "nan" (null, right?)

g)      I then tried running the CV bandwidth. It again generated contours that
were identical to the previous ones and a new raster file that appears to be a
reasonable result (see below)

[cid:image004.jpg@01CF2FE4.7BED1E20]

h)      All analyses were run with 1000m raster resolution and UD95.

Regards,

Christos

Dr. Christos Astaras
WildCRU, Dpt. of Zoology, University of Oxford,
Recanati-Kaplan Center, Tubney House, Abingdon Road,
Abingdon, OX13 5QL, UK

<<inline: image003.jpg>>

<<inline: image004.jpg>>