I'm having some trouble having a handler executed. It is notified but
skipped. Is there any particular reason why a handler is notified but yet
skipped? I mean, from my point of view, if a handler is notified means
something changed and it needs to be notified and executed no matter what
still if it is only executed once at the end of the play, but why should it
ever be skipped?

I am using ansible 1.4.3 on a ScientificLinux 6.5 .

I'm using conditional roles and the same handler exist in previous skipped
roles:

*- hosts: all*
*  roles:*
*    - id_target*
*    - common*
*    - { role: nginx-install, when: var == '2' }*
*    - { role: nginx-config, when: varp == '2' }*
*    - { role: kibana-central, when: var == '3' }*
*    - { role: elasticsearch-install, when: var == '1' }*
*    - { role: elasticsearch-config, when: var == '1' }*
*    - logstash-base-shippers*

The role "elasticsearch-config" have a handler to restart elasticsearch.
While running the play "var" == 1, so at the configuration change the
handler should be notified, and it is, and applied , but it is not.
The same handler exist on the roles "kibana-central" , which is skipped and
"elasticsearch-install".

This is what I get:
*[...]*

*TASK: [java-install | Install OpenJDK]
**************************************** *
*changed: [localhost]*

*TASK: [elasticsearch-install | Install Elasticsearch]
************************* *
*changed: [localhost]*

*TASK: [elasticsearch-install | Ensure ElasticSearch is running]
*************** *
*ok: [localhost]*

*TASK: [elasticsearch-config | Copy elasticsearch.yml]
************************* *
*changed: [localhost]*

*TASK: [java-install | Install OpenJDK]
**************************************** *
*ok: [localhost]*

*TASK: [logstash-install | Install Logstash]
*********************************** *
*changed: [localhost]*

*[...]*

*NOTIFIED: [elasticsearch-install | restart elasticsearch]
********************* *
*skipping: [localhost]*

*NOTIFIED: [supervisor-install | restart supervisord]
************************** *
*changed: [localhost]*

*NOTIFIED: [logstash-base-shippers | reload supervisord]
*changed: [localhost]*

*PLAY RECAP
*localhost                  : ok=38   changed=21   unreachable=0
 failed=0   *

Note:
*NOTIFIED: [elasticsearch-install | restart elasticsearch]