Hi all,

I have a problem with the rolling update functionality. I have some
loadbalancers and some backend servers, and need to disable the backend
servers, one by one, in the loadbalancers during the upgrade. My initial
connection to the lb's to gather facts is working fine, but when I connect
to the backend servers, do the preparation, and get to where I want to
disable the backend server, the delegate_to is failing. I'm using the
example of a rolling update from the ansible-examples git repo - with the
exception that the loadbalancers and backends has SSH running on different
ports.

Here's some examples:

Inventory file:

[local]
localhost

[prod]
web01 ansible_ssh_host=xx.xx.xx.xx ansible_ssh_port=2222
ansible_ssh_private_key_file=sshkey
web02 ansible_ssh_host=xx.xx.xx.xx ansible_ssh_port=2223
ansible_ssh_private_key_file=sshkey

[balancers]
lb01 ansible_ssh_host=xx.xx.xx.xx ansible_ssh_private_key_file=sshkey
ansible_python_interpreter=/usr/local/bin/python2.7
lb02 ansible_ssh_host=xx.xx.xx.xx ansible_ssh_private_key_file=sshkey
ansible_python_interpreter=/usr/local/bin/python2.7

playbook:

- hosts: balancers
  user: root
  tags: deploy
  tasks: [ ]

- hosts: prod
  serial: 1
  tasks:

    - name: Upload DB dump to prod
      copy: src=files/db.sql dest=/tmp/db.sql
      tags: deploy

    - name: disable the backend in relayd
      shell: /usr/sbin/relayctl host disable {{
ansible_default_ipv4.address }}
      delegate_to: "{{ item }}"
      with_items: groups.balancers
      tags: deploy