I realize that this will probably qualify for non-Ansible way, but here's
how I had to resolve similar issue:

1. split playbook into "install" and "setup" whereas install is ran only
once in a while if you need to change list of packages installed etc. -
resolves issues with RHN etc. setup can be run anytime with any frequency
with no ill side-effects
2. For the "setup" I've slapped together
https://github.com/droopy4096/ansible-libs/blob/master/library/rpm_query
which I use in place of "yum" actions. This just adds a bit of "insurance"
to the "setup" playbook, confirming that packages indeed are there.

while not perfect it gets around all those slow bits of yum, and in our
environment packages get to machines sideways (no direct access to
internet) thus above split allows for multiple implementations of "install"
while keeping the same "setup".