The end-goal is to get the variables loaded into your ansible run. How
about separating out your task into two distinct activities:

   1. Fetching the file from S3 *on the machine where you are doing the
   ansible run*, and loading variables from it
   2. Uploading a copy of the file to the remote host's home directory as
   well (if that is part of your requirements)

Just my two cents.