Hi All,

There is a way to control somehow the output from Ansible? The reason I'm
asking is that I have a lot of problem to have on the result the real
summary.
The main problem I have with modules like: (SELINUX, CHKCONFIG, SERVICES
and so on).

Let's say I want to install Apache, add it to the chkconfig list and
disable SELINUX.

---
- hosts: jenkins
  tasks:

  - name: disable selinux
    selinux: state=disabled

  - name: Install Apache
    yum: name=httpd state=latest
    notify:
    - Add to boot

  handlers:
  - name: Add to boot
    service: name=httpd state=started enabled=yes

My second version is:

---
- hosts: jenkins
  tasks:
  - name: Install Apache
    yum: name=httpd state=latest

  - name: Add to boot
    shell: chkconfig httpd on

  - name: disable selinux
    selinux: state=disabled

Both scenario are working fine but the problem is that when I will execute
that task one more time I will have one more time: *changed* on the
SEXLINUX/CHKCONFIG. Which is not true because it's already changed. This is
really important to know when somethings has been changed or when it
hasn't. This playbook will give me on the output/summary changed all the
time which is not true, and when someone will disable httpd from the
chkconfig (manually) I will think that this is just an Ansible which can be
a security risk here.

Second problem I have with the installing some group of packages. Let's say
I need to install 100 packages.

This is my playbook:

---
- hosts: jenkins
  remote_user: root
  sudo_user: root

  tasks:
  - name: remove old packages
    shell: rpm -e {{ item }}
    with_items:
    - libwvstreams
    - nss_db
    - bluez-gnome
    - (...)

This is working fine but again. When some package is not exist, on the
screen I see "ERROR", when the package has been installed I see "CHANGED".
Now... the problem here is that on the summary I will have changed: 0,
failed=1 (when 20 packages was with ERROR and 80 packages was with
CHANGED), and again this is really confusing.
Failed=1 for me is that there was a fail which is fine. But why I don't
change CHANGED on the summary when 80 packages just have been installed? I
know that this executed by with_items but should I separate each package
per separate task? To do that I think I will need to go for another
automation tool to generate the correct list which is not something cool :(

Any help will he really appreciated! :-)

Thanks,
Pawel