Not sure exactly what you mean by "accept arguments".

You can do something like add the varible into the play book

   hosts: ' {{ hosts }}'

and then when you run the playbook you can say something like

ansible-playbook -e "hosts=HOSTNAME" playbook.yml
OR better yet, use the inventory generated tag names lik
ansible-playbook -e "hosts=tag_Name_cronbox-ops1-cronbox" playbook.yml

In "-e" you can add several value pairs that will act as variables.

Bob