I am trying to use the route53 module in a playbook.

If i install boto and add credentials the play works (reading a record and
registering it), however I want to know if I can do this locally (where
boto is installed) and have that registered variable available on remote
hosts.

Example playbook;

---

  - hosts: localhost

    connection: local

    tasks:

    - name: Read current host

      route53:

        command: get

        zone: zone

        record: record

        type: A

      register: host_record

  - hosts: remote_hosts

    sudo: True

    gather_facts: True

    roles:

      - my_role

This doesn't work, the variable host_record isn't available on the remote
host. I would like to know if it's possible and what I am doing incorrectly.

Thanks