Hi All,

I'm learning Ansible and am preparing to try and execute both deployment
and configuration maintenance on a few systems at work.

One configuration file in particular is giving me issues however. I want to
be able to update Min and Max Instances in this section of a cfg file:

[PSAPPSRV]
;=========================================================================
; Settings for PSAPPSRV
;=========================================================================

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
; UBBGEN settings
Min Instances=25
Max Instances=25
Service Timeout=300

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Number of services after which PSAPPSRV will automatically restart.

The problem is the file also contains other sections with identical Min/Max
lines like this:

[PSQRYSRV]
;=========================================================================
; Settings for PSQRYSRV
;=========================================================================

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
; UBBGEN settings
Min Instances=6
Max Instances=6
Service Timeout=1200

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Number of services after which PSQRYSRV will automatically restart.

I want to be able to run an ansible task repeatedly against this file to
update the Min/Max lines only if changed. I don't want to use the template
or shell modules because if the lines are changed, I need to initiate a
restart of the dependent services and I don't want to do that
unnecessarily. I also want to have some sort of record of the file being
changed via the ansible-playbook output.

I've looked into lineinfile module, but have yet to find a way to only
update a single line number. I looked into sed with ansible variables, but
again, that doesn't meet the idempotent requirement.

Is there any way to achieve what i'm looking for here?

Thanks,
Jason