No worries!
I barely check these boards because of the overwhelming amount of ansible
posts that fly around here.  I can't even come close to keeping up with all
of the different applications and usages that show up and get asked about
on these boards.
I'm glad you settled on a work-around while also sorry that we have to do
work-arounds for something as common as tar.  I had to settle for a
work-around for my ansible tar usage as well.  Maybe when I get free time
I'll look into the most updated version on git hub and see if it should be
fixed or not...