On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:20:29 +1000, Ben Hood wrote:

> On AVA I do detect Arachne, and try to output different symbols for
> ampersand in URLs... Arachne doesn't like &, but you are
> supposed to use them, even in URLs.... not all URLs are updated.

> --
> Ben Hood, Arachne Fan Club Webmaster

Hi Ben,
  Now that you mention it...
  I once coded an HTML interface for a music archive so that it would be
easy to click and listen via MODPlugin in a pop-up window. The page was
only tested with IE 4 (Oops!). Some filenames included the ampersand.
For the text of the link to display properly, "&" was needed.
However, for the link to work at all, "&" was needed in the HREF attrib.
  How does this fit with the "rules", or compare to Arachne's
performance?

                       - Pete Randolph -
                 - Morristown Corners, Vermont -