2010-09-01 17:29, Victor Lowther:

Bash globbing cannot handle it, but bash knows how to test file
timestamps, so we could code something up that handles killing the
daemons in reverse timestamp order if we had to. However, there is no
reason to think that the order is significant for daemons not in
$DAEMONS.  If there are any dependencies that this code does not
handle gracefully, the offending daemons will be killed when we kill
-15 and then kill -9 the rest of the processes.  If a daemon does not
handle SIGTERM gracefully because of dependency issues, it has other,
more significant problems.

I really don't know if this 'feature' is actually still wanted or needed, but I feel it should be dropped in a separate commit if ever. :)