On 02/21/2014 11:30 AM, Thomas Bächler wrote:

HandleLidSwitch=suspend
LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=no

This means that logind will initiate a suspend on LID closed *except*
when something inhibits it - for example, KDE inhibits logind from
suspending.

Thanks I meant to put LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=yes to prevent KDE from inhibiting it (so many negatives in there I get confused :)

It sounds like KDE may not be doing it's job properly anymore for lid close -> suspend.

I will confirm that if I give the job back to systemd-logind whether it suspends correctly on lid close and then report back here.

Thanks.

gene