Hello Alina,

Thanks for the reply. That link did not help with my problem, but thanks
for taking the time to post it.

I believe that, despite those messages, which are, after all, just
warnings, the postgis extension got installed so have carried on with the
installation.

Installing postgres gave me a rude message that was cured by moving the line
  wget --quiet -O - http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ACCC4CF8.asc |
sudo apt-key add -
up one line to be before the line
  sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/
$(lsb_release -sc)-pgdg main"

I had a similar problem when the script tried to install couchdb, which was
cured by moving the line
   wget --quiet -O - https://couchdb.apache.org/repo/bintray-pubkey.asc |
sudo apt-key add -
to before the line
  sudo add-apt-repository "deb https://apache.bintray.com/couchdb-deb
$(lsb_release -sc) main"

The dependencies now all seem to be in place, ready to install Arches
itself.

If those changes are legitimate (I am new to linux so am floundering in the
dark a bit) perhaps somebody would be kind enough to update the
ubuntu_unstall.sh script on github.

Best wishes,
Pat