From: archesproject@googlegroups.com [mailto:archesproject@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Angela Labrador
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 7:57 AM
To: Arches Project <archesproject@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Arches] Two Arches installations live in the Caribbean!

I'm excited to share with the Arches community two more installations that are
live!

  *   The Jamaica National Inventory of Historic
Places<https://siteinventory.jnht.com/>, managed by the Jamaica National
Heritage Trust: https://siteinventory.jnht.com/

  *   The Barbados National Registry of Historic
Places<https://heritagebarbados.gov.bb/>, managed by the Ministry of Creative
Economy, Culture and Sports:  https://heritagebarbados.gov.bb/
Both sites were part of an initiative to establish and improve
community-driven, national inventories/registers in the region as part of the
Organization of American States<http://www.oas.org/en/sedi/desd/ct/default.asp>
project, "Enhancing the Framework for the Development of a Heritage Economy in
the Caribbean". The project was funded by the Permanent Mission of the United
States to the Organization of American States.

We congratulate the governments of Barbados and Jamaica for their hard work in
establishing and launching their inventories and community engagement campaigns
(an especially challenging feat during COVID-19 curfews and work-from-home
orders!).

Technical expertise in establishing the programs, customizing Arches, and
training was provided by my firm, Coherit Associates LLC. Arches installation
and server administration was provided by LegionGIS.

We recognize David Myers, Alison Dalgity, and Alina Myklebust at GCI, who
provided guidance and support in implementing Arches in the region. And we so
appreciate the ongoing technical support provided by members of this community!

Thank you to everyone who collaborated in this effort!

Angela

--
-- To post, send email to
archesproject@googlegroups.com<mailto:archesproject@googlegroups.com>. To

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the Getty. Do not click links or
open attachments unless you verify the sender and know the content is safe.