The links in the navigation bar are defined an array called /$MAIN_MENU/ which is populated during start-up, using /AppConfig[:pui_hide]/ options to determine which of the standard links to include.

You can make adjustments to it in your plug-in's /public/plugin_init.rb/ file (if that doesn't exist yet create it as a blank file.)

To add a new link on the end, use this:

/Plugins::add_menu_item("path_on_server_or_full_url", "Label")/

To add one at the start use:

/Plugins::add_menu_item("//path_on_server_or_full_url//", "Label", 0)/

There is no ready-made method for re-ordering existing links, but you could do it with something like the following, for example to swap the 2nd and 4th links:

/ArchivesSpacePublic::Application.config.after_initialize do//
//  $MAIN_MENU[1],$MAIN_MENU[3]=$MAIN_MENU[3],$MAIN_MENU[1]/

/end/

Directly modifying a global variable like that would be a bad thing for a third-party plug-in to do. But for your local plug-in, customizing your implementation, it should be OK. Just remember that if you change your config.rb in the future, you might have to modify your plug-in too, otherwise it could break the public user interface. But this method runs on the server, during start-up, so is the most efficient option.

Andrew.