Well worth reading, thanks. One should read the NYT before accusing Keynesians to have become economists! I would still think that we heard the Krugmans less that we could have expecetd.
One interesting thing in Krugman's letter is his model of government. He says something like, "It's too bad, but politicians may not be as altruist as I would want them to be (and as I am myself)."

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/14/opinion/14KRUG.html