http://www.businessofcinema.com/boc/?file=story&id=6480

UTV launches music label with Jodhaa Akbar
------------------------------
By Businessofcinema.com Team
   10 January 2008, 07:32 PM

MUMBAI: Releasing the music of *Jodhaa Akbar*, UTV launched its new music
label UTV Music. The music was released by Maharani Padmani Singh and
Maharaja Bhavani Singh of Jaipur.

UTV head honcho Ronnie Screwvala said, "After a presence in production and
distribution, it was now time for us to launch our own music label. It is a
proud moment to launch our first album with A R Rahman, Javedji and
Ashu. *Jodhaa
Akbar *is a kind of film that India has not seen in a long time."

UTV's music label will be looked into by the company's executive vice
president marketing, communication and distribution Siddharth Roy Kapur.
"UTV's home video will leverage UTV distribution network of the new music
label. For our very first product *Jodhaa Akbar *we are taking distribution
assistance from Sony BMG. But going forward we will handle it ourselves."

*The audio CDs of Jodhaa Akbar will hit music stores on 15 January*. The
music has been composed by A R Rahman and the lyrics have been penned by
Javed Akhtar. Aishwarya Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan, Ashutosh Gowariker, Ronnie
Screwvala, A R Rahman and Javed Akhtar were present at the launch.

"*Jodhaa Akbar *is going to change the mentality of Indian people, no matter
which religion they belong to. It is going to bring love," said Rahman at
the launch.

Complementing the efforts of the crew Hrithik Roshan said, "*Jodhaa Akbar *has
the best crew I have ever worked with. I am grateful to have worked with
such talented people."

Eminent personalities like Amitabh Bachchan, Amar Singh, Vrinda Rai,
Shatrugan Sinha, Poonam Sinha, Sanjay Khan, Zayed Khan, Zarina Khan and
Akbar Khan were also present at the event.

--
regards,
Vithur

A.R.RAHMAN -  THE ABODE OF DIVINE MUSIC