The soundtrack kicks of Azeem-o-shaan. What a way to kick start an
album. The song is hummable and quite catchy even with its rustic and
earthy feeling. It's huge; it's grand and definitely pulsating. The
song catches your attention. It's a song which immediately takes you
back to the era gone by. You also want to be a part of the
celebrations and offer your nazarana to the Emperor and his better
half yourself. The song is backed with strong yet simple lyrics. A
sure shot chartbuster!

In the second track, the album shifts gears and takes you in a
different world all together. The world of the two long lost lovers.
The song is dipped in passion and it just simply takes your breath
away. As the song proceeds, shivers run down your spine. Sonu Nigam
once again proves that why he is called the best singer in the
country. Madhushree supports him and she excels too. The lyrics are
breathtaking and you feel curious about the happenings in the song.
The song perfectly depicts the love and passion in the hearts of the
lovers. You also want to witness the king and queen's golden moments
togetherÂ….obviously a silent witness that is!

The third track is an instrumental track. It's Jashan-e-baharaa's
instrumental version. The main organ used here is a flute. And just as
all the mice of the village swayed with the Pied Piper, I am sure we
all to will adore this one. It's calm and intense. Occasional use of
high octave tunes which is missing in the original. A serene number.

Finally Jashan-e-baharaa makes its appearance. Its honey coated and
makes a place in your heart instantly. The desires of the lover, his
inner turmoil, the thousand questions in his heart and his longing for
his sweetheart are perfectly displayed. In this song there is no disco
in the dil of the lover and yet it portrays his loneliness perfectly.
Javed Akhtar hits the bull's eye once again. Javed Ali is a singer to
watch out for. His voice has that spark which will take him far. Pure
unadulterated music and low pitched orchestra. No use of huge, flashy
voices, yet a winner. The song throws some visuals in your mind, at
once you listen to it and for me if a song succeeds in doing that then
it's a winner. You want to pray to God for the lover and hope that he
wins over his beloved quickly. A must-must have song. Did I just saw
Romeos singing this song for their begums or Juliets?

The instrumental track of Khwaja-mere-khwaja makes its appearance. The
track is enjoyable but lacks the spark. It's quite low-key.
(I practically have no time now to sit back and listen to it,
patiently. So my opinion may change when I listen to it once I find
some quality time.)

Now comes the king of them all, Khwaja-mere-Khwaja. It's not a run of
the mill commercial qawalli. It's a qawalli in every sense. It has
that slight Persian touch to it. The lyrics are simply awesome and so
sensible. It's unhurried pace is simply breathtaking. ARR simply
proves that he is genius. His voice has that raw appeal which makes
you fall in love with the song. The song immediately stays alive in
your memory without having listening to it for thousand times. By the
time the song ends, to connect with that super power somewhere. Then
you realize that, ARR is truly a "Allah ka banda!"

The sound track ends with a bhajan. Manmohana which is sung by Bela
Shinde talks about Radha-Krishna. The singer is a great find and
carries the song with great élan. The song may not become popular with
the youth of today but surely will be a hit with the senior citizens.
It's a different song, and surely will gel well with the movie. It
will be helpful for all the students of classical music for years to come!

Overall, Jodhaa-Akbar is a pleasant (and a much needed) break from
today's music which has nothing to do with a thing called quality. A
happy, bright spot for all the genuine music lovers. An Honest
attempt, and surely has it's heart in the right place.

JA's music is like the kiss principle, "Keep it simple and you will
enjoy it." It's simple and elegant, yet manages to stay with you. It's
something that provides you with what it promises, sheer magic!

I will be more than happy if the audiences lap it up!

100 on 100

as per a JA fan from Hrithikrules forum... "chai 2"

Prabakar Ramalingam